Friday, December 10, 2010

My Fool

"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."
~Theodore I. Rubin, MD

WOW. I can't even begin to describe how much I adore this quote and how well it sums up my life. It just makes me so happy. SO happy!!! To use a cliche, my emotions have been on a roller coaster ride the past couple days, and to see this quote that so perfectly sums it all up, puts things in perspective, and makes me feel wonderful is just a great big dollop of icing on the cake. A good cake. The kind you want seconds and even thirds of.

I LOVE LIFE. And I'm learning to love my fool. =]

2 comments:

  1. I really like that quote. It puts a lot of things in perspective. We could all use that sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. My cake of choice would be red velvet. YUMMMMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete